The favorite question to ask new parents is getting old, my friends.
Because seriously, every single person in the world informs me that Truman looks just like Nate as if I had nothing to do with this adorable being. My DNA is all over that tiny face but nobody gives me credit. In fact, they usually ask the infamous question of 'Who does he look like?' but then before I can even respond they say, 'I think he looks just like Nate, don't you?'. Don't get me wrong...Nate is a handsome dude and was a cute baby but I really do see myself in Truman these days.
So I took it upon myself to investigate. It's really sad to me to see that the 80's were a time before boat-loads of pictures were possible (thank you digital images!). Both my parents and Nate's parents only have a SINGLE PAGE of about 4 photos from months number 5 and 6 in our lives. Ummm, one page to cover a whole month of life? Please. Try about 1000 pictures to cover one month of life (ahem, Truman...you will thank me someday).
Observe Nate and I at 6 months compared to our baby boy at the same stage in life.
1. The most badass photo prop in the history of posed pictures, combined with a gentle grin:
2. Wide mouthed and yelling, probably.
3. Looking totally aloof. I think this is the strongest resemblance to me of all the pictures.
4. See, I knew how to raise my eyebrows just like T does now! And the little half smile is all me, apparently.
Then comes Nate. And yes, I do think Truman looks like his daddy in these photos so the whole world is right on this one.
1. Open mouthed, staring in wonder, and sitting up briefly:
2. Still staring in wonder (same mouth!!)
3. Loving the left-sided gaze. Also, I love that Nate had fuzzy reddish hair!
4. Their moms both had blackmail in mind. Nate was a HUGE child, even bigger than Truman. I love it so much.