Stitch Fix #9 | Tops and Accessories Only

It's been awhile since I requested a Stitch Fix box, and I figured that since it's sufficiently winter here and going to be a looooong season, I could use a few new pieces to get me through. I also just peeked and have done a total of six fixes this year, but two of those were in January, so it feels like it hasn't been too often. I forget how quickly you have to decide on what to keep in your box and as I'm writing this, I have to check out by tomorrow. I'm hesitant about what to keep and could use your help!

This time I asked my stylist, Kelley, to focus on flowy tops, long necklaces and booties. And she totally nailed it, as usual.

IMG_6096

IMG_6098


1. Market & Spruce Henri Ruche Sides Knit Top | $68

All Photos-23

Market & Spruce Henri Ruche Sides Knit Top | $68

First thought: love the gray, love the drapey front, vneck, and the length.
Market & Spruce Henri Ruche Sides Knit Top | $68
At first I wasn't sure if I was supposed to keep the neck line as is, like this....
Market & Spruce Henri Ruche Sides Knit Top | $68

But I'm pretty sure you are supposed to fold it down a little, like this....right?
Market & Spruce Henri Ruche Sides Knit Top | $68

It's soft and casual but a little different. It's nearly $70 which is not cheap for a light weight shirt, but it might be special and long enough that I can overlook the higher price tag. It could be dressed up or down. I wore it with the pearls and tall brown boots above to show it dressed up, but I bet it could be cute with a pair of lighter wash jeans and flats, too. I think it's just very 'me' and the 3/4 sleeves don't bug me like they sometimes do. I mean, they ARE a nice cop out for getting sleeves that are long enough to pass my wrists!

Verdict: likely a keeper

2. RD Style Jessika Cowl Neck Poncho | $68

All Photos-25

RD Style Jessika Cowl Neck Poncho | $68

First thoughts: I like the chunky fabric, cool cowl neck and shorter sleeves, but the hemline seems odd on me. Maybe the shortest part is just to short on me?
RD Style Jessika Cowl Neck Poncho | $68

I mean, I know it's a poncho and this how how they are cut, but it just makes me laugh when I strike this amazing pose. You're welcome.
RD Style Jessika Cowl Neck Poncho | $68

I took a few other pictures that really showcased the questionable torso length on me but I started losing light RAPIDLY. Who knew that at 4:10pm, it would be nearly dark in December. Lord help us all. Anyway, feeling 'meh' about this one although it had potential and I wanted to like it.

Verdict: probably returning.

3. Romolo Genevieve Stacked Chevron Pendant Necklace | $28

All Photos-26

Romolo Genevieve Stacked Chevron Pendant Necklace | $28

I pinned this baby and Kelley said it's super popular and always sells out, so she grabbed me one while they had them. Chevrons are kind of 'out' but you know what? Long necklaces for me will always be in. This one is nice and heavy and the chevrons move a little against each other. I really love it.
Romolo Genevieve Stacked Chevron Pendant Necklace | $28

It will go with a lot of tops I already own. Sneak peek of the next one in the box, too:
Skies are Blue Caspian Scallop Trim Cardigan | $68

Verdict: Keeping

4. Skies are Blue Caspian Scallop Trim Cardigan | $68

All Photos-24

Q: Can a person ever have too many open front cardigans? A: Nope. (not in my opinion, at least).
Skies are Blue Caspian Scallop Trim Cardigan | $68

I especially love this merlot color and the different scallop/see-through pattern around the front. Also, it's pretty heavy and a great length.
Skies are Blue Caspian Scallop Trim Cardigan | $68

Pretty! Not too 'Mr. Rogers' for me, either. Sometimes my open front cardigans are too grandpa-ish but this one is definitely more feminine.
Skies are Blue Caspian Scallop Trim Cardigan | $68

I could see this going with a number of tank tops and jeans, booties or tall boots. I even think it could go with a button up shirt but is a little bulky with all of that material. I love this color for fall and winter and don't already have a sweater this color. It is nearly $70 which isn't cheap for a cardigan, but I don't think you can find similar weight, length, and extra frill at a place like Target. Also, I own about 5 of the Target cardigans that are similar and do like them, but every.single.one has shrunk over time and is much thinner. I think I will just hand wash this like I do with most of my Stitch Fix items.

Verdict: keeper

5. Steve Madden Tobii Bootie | $90

All Photos-27

Steve Madden Tobii Bootie | $90

I requested a bootie almost exactly like this on my Pinterest board and was excited to put these on. I didn't expect a black suede, thinking they'd be a brown or gray. Black seems dressy but I didn't think they'd look good with my Just Black skinnies from Stitch fix (they are actually navy, pictured in the first few photos). So I paired them with a lighter wash and then felt like the booties made my feet look even bigger than my size 9.5s.
Steve Madden Tobii Bootie | $90
Really, really struggling to get pictures with the dwindling light here, as you can see. BUT the booties are comfortable, have a low heel which I always prefer, and feel fairly luxurious for $90.
Steve Madden Tobii Bootie | $90

At the very end of my shoot I tried on some black pants and a button up denim shirt and liked the booties a LOT more with darker pants. They would be cute with tights and a skirt or dress....if I ever did that sort of thing;)
Steve Madden Tobii Bootie | $90

Verdict: torn, I think I really like them, but need time to really ponder if I'll wear them much.

Opinions? Suggestions? I feel like my style is super predictable by now and I'm okay with that. :)

As always, if you haven't already tried Stitch Fix and you want to give it a try, I'd love it if you used my referral link found here. And thanks to those of you who have already used my link, I hope your fixes turned out well for you. Not so well that you are struggling to justify 5/5 boxes to your husband each time, but good enough for whatever you want in a fix. I personally like getting about 2 pieces in a box---feels like a reasonable amount of new items without going totally nuts.

8 comments:

  1. GET EVERYTHING! You for sure want 3 things and actually like them all, so get them all and get the discount! I think the cowl neck sweater looks REALLY good on you. YOU MUST BUY IT ALL!!!!!!! (I'm 92 weeks pregnant and the only thing that fits are my husbands t-shirts so maybe I am just emotional for cute looking REGULAR clothes???)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it all but the cowl sweater! Super cute and those booties...love!

    Sarah from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gray top! Looks great on you and it's so versatile. I think you can wear it with the neck line more closed or more open when appropriate. Everything else was just ok to me, looks nice but just ok. Also, love that you're still blogging! Many people I used to follow aren't anymore and I miss just reading in this format about everyone's life, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like both tops, they both look perfect on you! Wear the collar both ways, depending on what suits your mood. I think you're just not used to that boxy silhouette on the second one, but it's quite trendy and looks great on you! I actually (sorry) don't love that cardigan. the booties are excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Long time reader but have never commented. I like all of the items but would definitely keep the merlot sweater, the grey wrap shirt and booties. They look awesome with the lighter wash jeans, love the low heel and they would also look great with a casual dress and tights. I like the poncho sweater too but my dilemma is that they are not warm enough to wear on their own and yet too bulky under a winter coat. I have a few similar styles but never wear them because they just aren't practical. Love the necklace too...can't wait til my 1 year old little man stops pulling and eating everything so I can wear nice long necklaces again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fix. I do like the poncho sweater, but have found if I dont LOVE something from SF I dont wear it. I think the first top is definitely the best in terms of something super cute you probably wouldnt have searched for yourself and the open cardigan will def get use. The booties, poncho, and necklace toe the line in good picks, but depends if you looking to spend enough to keep the whole box. I do like all three though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. I have never received a box that good. I think everything looks amazing. The poncho top, I get your hesitancy with the shape, but it seems like that shape is so coveted right now and hard to find. The booties! I have to disagree about them making your feet look longer, they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am pretty picky, but 100% love love love that cowl neck poncho!!!!!!!! I think it hits you just right!! I say get it all... the necklace I think is "your style" [even though I only know you through the interwebs] and the booties are TDF and the open front cardi is something that you like... and you also like that gray top - Get it all sister! I think you will really love that cowl neck poncho!! I think it is really flattering and comfortable :). It is something I would be confident in. Your feet do not look small - at least in the photos! I'm a skeptic too!! Thanks to my southern summer pregnancy last year, I guess my size 10.5/11 feet are here to stay [insert grimace face emoji]. Did I really just admit my shoe size on the internets?!?! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. Sorry that commenting through Blogger can be a royal pain. I'm glad you are commenting despite that, and please email me if you are having issues.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...