Wallace | Two Months Old

He's two months old!

Untitled

Notables:

-Very consistent with nighttime sleep, from day one until right now. Wakes around 2 am and 5 am nearly every night. Sleeps in his mamaroo in our room, or with me.

Untitled

Untitled

-Loves to nurse and is getting into the habit of nursing, falling asleep, and continuing to suck away while sleeping. Need to break him of this and start some sort of daytime schedule but oh, it's just so much easier to let him nurse non-stop when we are at home.

Untitled

-Super smiley guy loves to grin at us! We don't even have to work hard for it anymore, and he might be close to a chuckle soon.

Untitled

-Doesn't do technical tummy time very often, but when he does it seems like his neck is getting stronger. Loves to be held upright and does a great job controlling that noggin when vertical.

Untitled

-Cries only if he wants to be held, if he's hungry (or just wants to nurse), or if he's overtired. Incredibly chill personality 95% of the time!

Untitled

-Continues to be a big baby, wearing some 3-6 month clothes now. Some of his 3 month outfits are way too small. He seems to be long and also fat, will see the official stats this week at his two month appointment. A mom on the playground asked if he was five months old the other day, and most people comment that 'he's so big'. I love fat babies so much.

Untitled

-Wallace's eyes seem to be turning brown! His head is kind of scaly now but overall his skin looks great.

Untitled

-Loves staring at trees and windows and lights. Is easily distracted if he's getting upset, will happily play on a blanket or walk around outside for a few minutes before really letting us know that he WANTS MOMMY NOW.

Untitled

-Tony and Lois are getting to know this guy a little better each week. I really hope he does great for them when I'm back at work!

Untitled

Untitled

-Really loves his mom. Can smell me when I'm in the house and will cry until I take him. Again, need to work on this because I'm going back to work in three weeks. YIKES.

Untitled

Untitled

-Takes the pacifier only occasionally and never from me. Has only taken one bottle so far but we just haven't tried it since then. Again, let's work on that soon.

Untitled

Untitled

-Goals for this month: establishing some sort of schedule/routine that doesn't include nursing to sleep. Need to focus on naps in the swing again, instead of naps on me or while in the Ergo/Bob. But hey, fourth babies tend to get carted around everywhere, as we are rarely sitting around with nothing to do;) Mostly I need Wallace to start sleeping in the mornings while I hustle around the school time routine. It's a little difficult to pack lunches, expedite getting dressed and ready for leaving the house at 8am when Wallace wants to nurse and be held by me the entire time. We will get there. Someday!

Untitled

-Wallace loves his siblings and they love him. They will still ask to hold him, will kiss him, and they are genuinely excited to see the baby when they wake in the morning.

Untitled

Untitled

Love you so much, baby Wallace. You are simply the best.

6 comments:

  1. Such a sweet face on that one! Glad to hear the sleep is predictable and pretty darn great for a 2 month old!

    You might want to try that bottle again ASAP.... my 2nd refused to take a bottle because we gave one to her once and then basically forgot to do it again until 11 weeks.... and at that point she refused to take it! And NEVER took one again! That was a super stressful time for me going back to work, and something I don't wish on anyone! She finally did take a soft spouted sippy from my husband at around 4 months, thank the lord. But man, that was rough. Crossing my fingers he keeps his chill attitude for you and goes right back to the bottle like it's NBD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, we tried yesterday and he refused!! And screamed!! I think a three week gap was way too long to avoid a bottle. This reminds me a lot of Cecelia, which is terrifying. Off to try a bottle daily now, and good lord---really hope he takes one before four months. That had to be so hard for you guys!!

      Delete
  2. Oh those smiles! I am missing those tiny baby snuggles. Haha!

    I hope he continues to be a chill baby for you and that he willingly takes a bottle over the next few weeks. With luck he's just holding out until he has to and then will accept it with minimal grumbling and an eye roll. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HE IS SO CUTE! So my pediatrician (a new one for Paige) said anything where they are vertical counts as tummy time (I didn't know that but was never very good about TRUE tummy time) so the time Paige spent in the Bumbo counted...which was a lot starting around 2 months. That was, and still is, my saving grace for getting everyone ready in the morning. Brent leaves by 7:00 AM, so I am on my own in the morning, so even with Paige being 8 months (almost 9, GAH) I plop her in that while I pack lunches, make breakfast, etc. Paige still nurses to sleep with me but does great with everyone else for naps/bedtime not being able to nurse, so while the first couple of days with Tony and Lois might be challenging (fingers crossed they aren't), they will find a routine that works for them. When he can't smell you, he'll be more flexible I bet! I really wish I could come squeeze him (totally in a non-creepy way).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, you make beautiful babies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. Sorry that commenting through Blogger can be a royal pain. I'm glad you are commenting despite that, and please email me if you are having issues.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...