Wallace's Newborn Family Photoshoot

I knew I wanted to do a family photoshoot with baby Wallace, and had hoped to do it within his first ten days of life to really capture him at his sleepiest. But then my eyes almost popped out of my skull while birthing said baby and I looked like a vampire for a solid three weeks, so we postponed it until I looked more human.

Katie Derus Photography is seriously the bomb. We have used Katie twice now and both times I have been super impressed with her skills dealing with our wild children and then the final product is excellent, too. Katie came to our house to capture some casual, family photos on 7.31.17 when Wallace was a day over three weeks old. My mom and Grandma were here so of course we had to grab a four generations shot to start the event!

Hornung_002

And then we went right into the 'four kids' shot on the couch.
Hornung_013bw

This is when Porter showed us that he is three and has his own ideas of what to do for a photoshoot. He was pretty naughty throughout but apparently Katie still managed to capture his smile...and I do love the 'real life' shots the best.
Hornung_025

But Wallace woke up and stole the show anyway.
Hornung_029

He does have two mommies, you know.
Hornung_031

Family of six, holy moly!!
Hornung_035

I sure do love these people of mine.
Hornung_038bw

I did not have the time, energy, or focus to buy any new clothes for us for this shoot. So I picked the one dress that I feel sort of pretty in right now, then went with 'super bright' colors for everyone else. I love how colorful this shoot turned out to be!
Hornung_041

I mean, seriously?? Sweet boy.
Hornung_045

Truman, age seven, and the best big brother ever. Also: toothless and handsome.
Hornung_050

The original two kids;)
Hornung_052bw

Cecelia, five years old, and sure to hold her own with the three boys. Tough as nails, this one.
Hornung_060

On our sidewalk, in front of the house: I really love these images.
Hornung_073

Hornung_080

Hornung_082bw

Four kids! New challenge will always be to get them all smiling in a picture together. Seems like the ultimate mecca of all photos!
Hornung_084

Then I wanted a shot of us from above, laying on each other, all squished together. These don't disappoint although I was sweating profusely here.
Hornung_095bw

Truman looking at Wallace....seriously?! And Porter's (and Cecelia's!) eyes are breathtaking.
Hornung_101

Woah, all of us looking happy! Party of six.
Hornung_110

I like this one, too. These are near our backyard where the porta potty is sitting currently. Glad we did this shoot right before the big construction began!
Hornung_114

My crew.
Hornung_116bw

Nate and I with our fourth child. It strikes me to see this picture, compared to those images with 'just' Truman as a baby...everything and nothing has changed in seven years. Married for ten, together for FIFTEEN. And just look at that little caboose of a baby!
Hornung_131

And this guy? He's shaping up to be a great big brother. Porter, age three, is the master of all potty talk and our class clown.
Hornung_133

One more try for shots with the four kids....love this one a lot.
Hornung_139

Gah, so sweet. Even if Truman is slightly freaking out holding Wallace without the Boppy or pillows.
Hornung_138bw

This isn't even all of the images, but mostly my favorite ones. How will I choose which to make into prints for the house, and which to use for a birth announcement?? What a great problem to have.


10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! It would be so hard to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No words... they are all amazing! You have such a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this are truly beautiful Julia! Your family is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG these are fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic, Julia! Love the colors (you look great in that dress) and love the pics of you all together. FOUR KIDS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable photos! I'm amazed that you got so many great pictures with needing to herd so many kids. :-) You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She did an amazing job! I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are seriously so gorgeous! The outfits came together perfectly and I love the color and just pure joy in each of them. Lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You couldn't guess that you didn't go out and buy matching outfits - absolute perfection! So many amazing ones to choose from!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. Sorry that commenting through Blogger can be a royal pain. I'm glad you are commenting despite that, and please email me if you are having issues.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...