Colorado Trip 2013: Day 6

Monday, October 28: Day 6

Truman woke up at 6:20 am, which was NOT enough sleep if you ask me. Why is it when my kids stay up late they still wake up at the exact same time in the morning? I tried to coax him into falling back asleep with me in his bed again and totally failed. And got a little irritated because I was so tired and all he wanted to do was go downstairs and start the day.

So in a huff I agreed at 7 am and Nate came down, too, hearing my annoyance from the room over. We let Truman watch a DVD while we made and drank substantial coffee and worked on the blasted puzzle again.

Untitled

Cecelia and Mom didn't come downstairs until 8 am! This was around the time when Nate completely finished the puzzle....and, you guessed it. There were FOUR missing puzzle pieces! So annoying and heartbreaking, but whatever. My mom texted us a picture of the four pieces sitting in the bottom of a plastic bin/toy box as we boarded our fight home a few days later. Uggggghh. Totally blaming CC on that one.

Untitled

My dad left for the airport at 6:30 am this date because he was picking up Memaw and Pepaw from Denver, and the crew arrived back to the house around 9:30. Memaw and Pepaw wasted no time playing with the kids, and PP hadn't even seen Cecelia walk yet! When she realized that, she decided to do this hilarious 'right leg stomp' dance for no reason, non-stop, for about 5 minutes. I honestly think she just figured out how to stomp her foot or something and then she could not get over it. Yes, they all had some catching up to do.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Which means, Nate and I took our cue to get out of the house alone, again. This time I had Old Navy fast cash to redeem, and we went to a different ON this time in search of 5T pants for Truman (since his current 3s and 4s are just ridiculously short). Much success on this shopping trip and of course I couldn't walk out of there without an article of clothing for my daughter and also myself, too.

We went to a few other places and then made it home in time for lunch. Mom and I knew this was our only chance for our mani/pedi, so we booked it out of there around 1:00 and let Nate and Dad deal with the kids' naps (as MM and PP were also napping right after lunch). It was glorious. Girl time with my mama will always be a highlight for me, and the place we went was pretty awesome. I think we were there for at least 1.5 hours, but I don't really know. Also: gel manicures are the only way to go for me anymore. Totally worth it.

Removing her old gel manicure;)
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

As soon as us manicured ladies returned home, Nate and I left for Old Town. We were on the hunt for a hot coffee, because it was cold and rainy this day. At first we thought we'd go back to Muggs but then we walked by Starry Night and it looked adorable. And they said they specialized in espresso and I wanted an Americano badly. The little place turned out to be one of our favorites, good enough to buy two pounds of beans as a souvenir. Nate was taste testing all of the soy lattes in Old Town and so far this was his favorite out of the three places we tried. Of course, each place was our favorite when we were there. Did I mention that coffee dates with my husband equals awesome?

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

We walked around Old Town a bit, saw some really adorable shops and *almost* got Lois some pottery as a 'thank you' for watching Henry, but I truly think Lois must own every kind of pottery ever created already. We stopped in a thrift shop and bought to random wine glasses for my parents to have since they do not drink and therefore we usually have to drink wine out of regular glasses when we stay there (the horror)! Lastly we stopped by the liquor store and got some wine for our new/old thrift store glasses.

Loved this quote on the wall of an artsy shop in Old Town.
Untitled

Then we got home in time to eat dinner with everyone---our first night with 8 people at the table was fun but expectedly chaotic. Duh. Both children were exhausted despite their 3 hour naps and Truman was eating like a bird...a starving bird. Cecelia was angry at the highchair and even my non-drinking mother joked about needing a glass of wine;)

But then the kids got to run around and play (i.e. get undivided attention from six adults) and life was good again. The Cardinals game was on TV and the kids were making a mockery of the toy situation with literally every.single.toy strewn across the lower level. Good thing Grandparents don't care about that kind of thing in Colorado!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Memaw and Pepaw retired to their hotel around 8:15 and I have no clue when the kids went down, but probably somewhere around there. Mom started working on hair bows for Cecelia and all of us adults went to bed around 11:00. Long day and I cannot recall what we were doing so late, but it might have been the night we looked through every single movie on Amazon and couldn't find a single one to watch. Ha! Nice way to waste a few hours on vacation, I suppose.

3 comments:

  1. You were seriously there for so long! This is the vacation that never ends :) I love all the coffee dates :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all of these posts and I am seriously considering a move to CO! Especially love the pictures in this post - Truman at the end of the night and you with your family. Everyone just looks so genuinely happy! I also chuckled at golf widow the other day - I have been that too many times to count. Why does it always take so long?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute puzzle! Girl time! Husband time! Memaw and Pepaw! I love this vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. Sorry that commenting through Blogger can be a royal pain. I'm glad you are commenting despite that, and please email me if you are having issues.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...