Christmas Card time!

I hesitated posting this because I don't want to ruin the fun of opening Christmas cards for some of you. But I couldn't resist and it's always fun to get real mail, right?

I'm making our Christmas cards as we speak. Since it's our first married Christmas, I figured I should do something cute for a lot of our guests. I took our wedding guest list and pared it down a bit---throwing out the names of guests who wouldn't give a hoot about a Christmas card. Meaning, all of Nate's friends and some of our extended family.

Each card is a bit different, with unique papers but the same picture:


I'm loving some of these patterns because they aren't the boring old traditional prints. And of course, I had to use a cute font and my favorite artsy wedding shot:
I'm still deciding about the inside. I will definitely use this adorable stamp, either with black, white, red, and green ink on neutral paper:
And my biggest dilemma is this: do I print up a sentence about each of us (Nate, Me, and Henry) sort of like an "update" paragraph? Or do I just handwrite a quick generic line about having a good holiday? I generally dislike the brag letters people send. And I wouldn't do that but was thinking a quick sentence about our family may be okay.

Another idea: since we'll be moving at the beginning of the year, I thought about doing a little moving announcement section on the inside. Really short and sweet, like "We are moving after the holidays: Here is our new address." I could do this on the top flap and the personal note on the bottom. And stamps on both parts if I get wild.

I got these delightful red envelopes to finish off the package. I may find room for that stamp on here, too.
So, you like? Suggestions for the inside? I hope none of you are bummed that I spoiled your Holiday surprise:)

3 comments:

  1. Julia,

    That picture is stunning...so dramatic. What pretty christmas card options!

    Thanks for your stop on my blog. I use the Canon rebel & I love it!

    I am gonna have a look around your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The papers are absolutely beautiful and I of course love the picture! You're work is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh oh... I guess my plan to pick up a pack (or two) of cards at Target for $2.99 is pretty well shot now that I know you're HAND-making customized cards... Sometimes it's tough being friends with Martha Stewart's prodigee...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. Sorry that commenting through Blogger can be a royal pain. I'm glad you are commenting despite that, and please email me if you are having issues.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...