Here we go again

Is it just me or does it seem like I travel every.single.weekend? Yeah, I thought so. Did I mention that July is one helluva month packed full of events?

Thursday night, our little family (Henry is coming, too!) will pack up the car and make the 8 hour drive to Jeff City to see my parents. I would whine and complain about how looooong the drive is, especially after working a full day, but really---arriving at 1 in the morning is basically what I did this past Sunday. And I freaking flew then. So driving can't be much worse than my experience last weekend, right? Plus I'll have my boys with me (and I fully intend on taking a hefty nap while Nate drives, duh).

While we are 'down south' visiting my rents, we will also make the additional drive to Kansas City for wedding #2 of this summer. Can't wait of course and the SLR will tag along as well. Then we will go back to Jeff City to spend more quality family time with them until Tuesday, when we make the trek back. Are you exhausted from reading this yet? I know I am.

Here is the kicker: sure, I've been to St. Louis umpteen times this calendar year and once my Mom even made the drive to visit with me. But since my parents live two hours west of STL, I have not been to my actual hometown for a real life visit with my parents since Christmas. I'm quite certain that makes me the worst daughter of the year. Ugh. Where does the time go? We did this last year too---visited for Christmas and then not again until August. I actually remember writing this same post last year, about how awful it was that I only make it home twice a year. It's still awful and I hate it. Glad that is cleared up.

In weather news, it's supposed to be 'cold' down there all weekend and barely get into the 80s. Or in other words, they are supposed to get Milwaukee weather for a few days. I'm actually kind of bummed (don't tell Nate) because I enjoy my fill of hot, sweaty, humidity when I visit. It's like a comfort zone to me and I love being like, "Yep--back in good ol' Missouri" when it's 100 degrees outside. Sweaty upper lip=home to me. Is that weird?

So anyway, this is a bunch of rambling to say that I will not return until late next week and I will most likely be even more exhausted than I am at this moment, which is quite hard to believe. But there will be pictures, for sure. And more ramblings. Try to contain your excitement, you guys. :)

5 comments:

  1. I stumbled across your blog a few months ago when my husband and I had just moved from Ohio to Tennessee. At the time I read a few of your entries, and helped me to accept it was okay that I wasn't supremely excited to be moving 8 hours away from our families, with a lot of the reasons you stated were the same as mine. We are also recently married and were asked to move 1 1/2 weeks after we returned from our honeymoon. But not wanting to be a random creep who lurks, I came back across it today and wanted to say thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're the worst, I'm right there with you. We live in Maine and my parents are in Pittsburgh. Needless to say, we don't make the 12-hour trip as often as we should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) It's very breezy and cool in the Lou today. Very odd...but I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take me with. I'm begging you.

    Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the sweaty upper lip as well. Not really enjoying the fact that I have been in sweats and long sleeves all weekend. Hopefully July comes back soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. Sorry that commenting through Blogger can be a royal pain. I'm glad you are commenting despite that, and please email me if you are having issues.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...