More of the same

I know you already saw a ridiculous amount of pictures from the blizzard but I just couldn't help myself. It's so cool!

Grand total at our place: 12 inches! Some places got up to 14 and of course, with drifting there are spots well over 2 feet. For instance our trash cans:

Now that people have plowed the sidewalks Henry can navigate a little better. Doesn't this look like he is walking inside the parted Red Sea?

My favorite little nose:


If they didn't snow blow around this fire hydrant it would definitely be totally covered. Our neighbor's house. I thought this was fab.

I became enthralled with the snow inside trees.
I measured 15.5 total in the same spot as last night, where there was only 4.
But in front of our house, after the snow blowing escapades, there was over 20 inches.

Instead of sledding we got a workout by shoveling. And then shoveling some more once the snow plows came through and added to our piles. Henry and his cold mommy.

Tell me he isn't the cutest.
We had to dig the dogs a path in which they may pee. This is Henry inspecting his new trail through the front yard, thoroughly confused.
Love this one.

Snow blowing and shoveling takes a lot out of a guy. But it will always beat studying his face off. Always.
Posing for a snowy family picture, Henry decided my snotty nose needed a cleaning.
There we go, much better. That is one large pile behind us...a perfect snowy backdrop for a day like today.

And now, two pictures that have solidified my decision to get a dSLR after the holidays. I have more than enough money in my J.Lorene fund and it's time that I take on yet another hobby, right? Surely I can find the time. I can't wait! More on that later.

These are not my pictures but were yanked from a local news website. If these pictures don't make you yearn for a snowy day then nothing will.


So that's it folks. I know some of you are jealous and some of you feel distinctive pity for my poor soul. Overall, I'm coping well right now. In fact, I even drove to the gym and back today and thought to myself, "It's so freaking pretty when it snows like this."

The Julia from last winter would not have formulated that thought in her brain. I was still in shock adjusting to my new climate. Now...I think I can finally appreciate it for what it is: bitter cold, dreary, and never-ending but still pretty. I'd like to think I can find the beauty in a lot of nasty situations:)

9 comments:

  1. I'm going to get a DSLR after the holidays too! hooody hooo! I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog. I love it. Especially the pictures of Henry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK the picture of Henry's nose is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew that you would have tons of snow pics. I think we had 13 or 14 inches total over here.

    Glad that you had the day off! I was thinking of you when it was snowing and hoping maybe you didn't work yesterday. Hooray for random day off! :)

    Have a Merry Southern Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I think that is all I can say. I showed Mike the pictures of our tape measure and he just could not believe it. I just can't fathom anything over 6 inches of snow.

    Oh...and tag, you are it. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. J-

    I cannot believe the craziness with the snow...but I am glad you are expecting it and enjoying it as much as you can! YEAH!!! For Nate being done with finals! Can't wait to come visit!

    Love you,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy crap, that's impressive, but we've got our own to deal with so I'm neither jealous nor pitiful lol.

    You guys look great! And Henry is the cutest. :)

    Oh the DSLR front . . . I have some news.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Henry is just the cutest dog ever. Really, I'm in love with his pictures. I like the snow pictures, I just don't like that I can look out the window and see that for myself. Brrr! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Henry is too cute for words. Love the snowy pics!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. Sorry that commenting through Blogger can be a royal pain. I'm glad you are commenting despite that, and please email me if you are having issues.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...