Thirteen Weeks

Lucky 13. Officially in the SECOND TRIMESTER!! (Or if you want to be really technical, it's at 13 weeks and 3 days, so on Wednesday I can officially do a little happy dance I suppose). Boo to technicalities.

Yay for this week's fruit: a nice fatty peach! Almost 3 inches from crown to rump-ola = even more adorableness.


And the belly shot. (I now remember why I was taking these on Monday nights instead of Sunday nights---no makeup on weekends equates for more shocking pictures, but oh well).
13wks
Still a little round bump that is mostly bloat. But let me tell you, at nighttime or after I eat or if I have to pee really bad the bloat is out of control and looks almost like a real pregnant belly. I swear. I know it's hard to see but I feel it.

Best moment of the week: When I let myself have a sprinkled Long John donut at work on Friday. At first I felt guilty and unworthy and all of that crap. My co-workers agreed that since I'm always a healthy eater I deserved that freaking donut and it was the best thing in the entire world. THE BEST. I like being pregnant sometimes and indulging myself. And apparently I have a thing for donuts now.

Epiphany of the week: Oh man, I'm going to have to get maternity pants sometime in the near future. That sounds like the opposite of fun. (yes, all of my clothes still fit just fine and they aren't even more snug....but those donuts aren't helping matters, you know.)

Most entertaining question of the week: "I heard a dirty rumor about you....you and Nate have been naughty. I didn't know you two did that kind of stuff!" as told by a co-worker. I know she was joking but it was pretty entertaining albeit not really a question.

Obsessions? Actually, this week was non-pregnancy related: obsessed with training Henry to be a good big brother.

What I'm most looking forward to this week: Fall. Colored leaves. Pumpkins. Hot tea. And thus a big pregnant belly to go with the season change sometime in the next few weeks, I hope.

What I miss the most: Again, with the distance running. Nate is in the heart of training and I miss it. But again, I'll get over it quickly I'm sure.

Symptoms: Peeing a lot. Staring at my bloat. And a very rare nap splashed in there for fun---today I took a two hour nap on accident. But hey, it was a busy weekend filled with Missouri visitors and sightseeing. Can you blame me?

Milestones: Crossing the second tri threshhold. Plus baby grew some vocal cords this week so the books tell me to enjoy this phase when I can't hear the effects of those vocal cords. But wait, I thought we ordered one that doesn't cry?

5 comments:

  1. What a hot mama! I'm so excited to hear how everything goes week to week! I'll live vicariously through you for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you look great! Congrats on the peach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. get a bella band!! it is the greatest invention ever. when those pants start to get snug - that band saves the day! plus it helps when those maternity pants are a little too big still or get loose after a day of work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Old Navy for jeans -- I had three pairs and rotated them hardcore. :)

    Kohl's for tops -- my fav tops were from Kohl's. I did go to Motherhood a lot, but do Kohl's and Old Navy first -- much, MUCH cheaper. :)

    Glad you're through that first tri! The second was bliss!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. Sorry that commenting through Blogger can be a royal pain. I'm glad you are commenting despite that, and please email me if you are having issues.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...