Hello, 2014

Happy New Year's Eve, blog world!

2013 was a wonderful blur of growing children, running, breastfeeding, working, laughing, traveling, and celebrating. It deserves some reflecting, I think.

January included a Minnesota/Wisconsin blogger GTG, some nasty stomach bugs after, and two kids who look really young to me at the moment.


DellsGTG2013-41

IMG_2163

naked3


February was cold and snowy, of course. We celebrated being home owners for one full year and came up with a few projects we'd like to tackle at some point.


IMG_3272

IMG_3420

IMG_3603

March brought Truman's third birthday, Easter, a sister approaching her first birthday, and a brother whose innocence made me want to cry.


IMG_4598

IMG_6105

IMG_4900

April included a haircut to The Bangs, a final trip to Missouri before my parents moved from my childhood home, and my 32nd birthday.
2013-04-03_0007

IMG_6713

Untitled

In May we ran a half marathon, it was the month of our sixth anniversary, and then Cecelia's first birthday came the next day.


Untitled

Untitled

2013-06-03_0053

June brought about questions of having another baby, a total freak out by Cecelia, and a perfect one year photo shoot. Truman and I had our first real mommy-son date in June. We were at the pool a ton this month and couldn't get over the amazingness of warmer weather. I love summer so much.


Untitled

2013-06-26_0008

Untitled

July had us traveling to St. Paul, MN to visit with Erin and her family for the fourth. Plus we enjoyed custard, the sun, the water, and watched as Cecelia took off walking full time. It's hard to believe that this July will bring a new baby into our lives!


Untitled

IMG_1609

IMG_1713

IMG_1881

August was when I blogged every day in a month, I chopped off my hair, Nate turned 32, and we went to State Fair. We also had a 'four generations' photo shoot with Andrea and looking back, there would be about 30 other things I could mention for this month but I will not.


Untitled

IMG_2149

2013-08-07_0003

Untitled

September brought another half-marathon (the most painful yet), some fall weather, and the end of nursing my girl. Still so proud of her for making it until sixteen months.


Untitled


2013-09-22_0018

Untitled

In October we took a family trip to Colorado, Halloween happened, we did a bunch of house projects, and apparently I got pregnant;)


Untitled

Untitled

IMG_5411

2013-10-20_0029

In November we got our family pictures taken, found out we were expecting, and we had an extra thankful Thanksgiving.

View More: http://andreaweissphotography.pass.us/hornung


Untitled

Untitled

December brought lots of snow, prepping for Christmas, Cecelia's first hair cut, a big announcement, and a magical Christmas with two kids and lots of family.


2013-12-11_0026

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


Whew. What a year! I'd say 2013 was pretty great.

If all of that was too much for you, here is our year in 30 seconds, set to music. This is probably my favorite way to review a year in the life. Something about how fast the images move, hitting all of the highlights, makes it seem like the most beautiful little life we have here. It makes me very thankful for these memories.





Bring it on, 2014. Can't wait to see what you have in store.

8 comments:

  1. YAY! What a fun year! 2014 is going to be awesome for you...and for me too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recap! I also laughed at your previous post about getting pregnant in odd years and having babies in even…I'm the opposite, I got pregnant in 2008, 2010, and 2012 and have babies in odd years. Lord help me in 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh it is just crazy how much those kids can change in a year!! CC was SO LITTLE at the beginning of the year, which yeah, duh - still just nuts to see how much changes so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your comment in October "and apparently I got pregnant" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this recap! I can't believe how much the kids have grown in the last year. What a fun year it's been (and what a great year 2014 will be)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a year! Love reminiscing. :) So exciting to think about what 2014 has in store!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a full, fun and happy year! Love revisiting your posts and seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. Sorry that commenting through Blogger can be a royal pain. I'm glad you are commenting despite that, and please email me if you are having issues.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...