Daddy Dearest

Here's yet another 'Happy Fathers Day' post:

I am my father's only daughter, so needless to say we are pretty tight. "Tight" meaning he taught me my tight wad ways since he is an accountant, and we share our love for excel spreadsheets:) I can't say that I love numbers as much as my dad but we both pay attention to details and can be slightly 'anal' at times, which can only be a good thing, right?

When I called my dad today, he said, "You are the one who made me a Father, Jules" which is true, because I'm the first born child. But I should have said, "You are the one who made me who I am today," even though that line is considerably cheesy. It's true, though. Without my Dad's guidance through the years I wouldn't be where I am right now.


My Dad has to be one of the most calm, cool, and collected guys out there. He is an ever-present source of strength for our family and is highly respected by many outside our circle as well. His sense of humor is fabulously dry and sarcastic, which in addition to the fact that he adores golf makes my Dad and my husband best of friends. I'm so blessed to have my Dad approve of and love the other man in my life:) They say you marry someone just like your dad and I have to agree---they are like two peas in a pod sometimes.
I've always admired my Dad's wisdom, work ethic, loving heart, and positive attitude. I go to him for advice even now, as I'm all grown up and living in another state, because I know he will steer me in the right direction. He's a thoughtful man who puts 100% of him self into everything, which I'm sure stemmed from his father---who was pretty amazing himself. The more my Dad ages the more he looks just like my late Grandpa B. I'm grateful to have had such amazing male role models in my life, as I know not every girl has this luxury. Thank you, Dad, for being such a stud.
I love you Dad! I know Mom is probably reading you this post, since she does that every night anyway:) I can just picture you sitting in your blue recliner chair with a little grin on your face as you cheer for Tiger all night long. Enjoy your day, soaking in the US Open while squeezing in a lawn mowing session. I miss you greatly and hope to see you soon.

Love, your only daughter

2 comments:

  1. This was a sweet post, but I really came here to say that I freaking LOVE YOUR WEDDING DRESS. Seriously. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are adorable! I'm sure your dad LOVED this post. Mine would probably shed a tear :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. Sorry that commenting through Blogger can be a royal pain. I'm glad you are commenting despite that, and please email me if you are having issues.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...