Shameful Songs

I was tagged ages ago by Harmony and I'm just now responding. Here are the rules:

1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 songs you are embarrassed to admit to others you like and tell why.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Before I get into the songs I should just mention one thing: my taste in music covers a wide range. Everything from alternative, to rap, to techno, to pop. Seriously, I'm schizophrenic when it comes to my music but it makes for one heck of a music library.

That being said there are a few songs in particular that are more embarrassing than others. The following five are on my iPod at the moment and fall under the category of "running songs". Please refrain from making fun of me, you know you like these songs, too.....don't lie!

#1 I Kissed a Girl by Katie Perry:
This one is pretty new and I'm sure it will be overplayed on the radio in about a week. I think you either love or hate this song and for some reason I love it. To clear up any confusion, please know that I have never kissed a girl nor do I plan on it. But I just like the song, okay?




#2 Lollipop by Lil' Wayne:
Oooooh, such a hard song for the true gangstas out there. It's extremely inappropriate and unintelligent but I dig it. Nate HATES this song with a passion [well, probably all of these songs, actually] which makes me like it even more:)



#3 Gimme More by Britney Spears:
I know, I know. It's Britney and she is crazy. But the girl knows how to make an annoyingly catchy song with a good beat. I hope my coolness status doesn't drop exponentially with this one:)




#4 Burning for You by Kreo:
If I had to choose between my favorite techno songs, this one would rank pretty high. Yes, it has words but you just need to listen for awhile. It's not a real video because I don't think trance electronica songs have videos. If you are looking to add some techno workout songs to your play list, I'm your girl. Don't be afraid:)




#5 See You Again by Miley Cyrus:
I feel like I'm trying to fit in with the twelve year olds out there with this cut, and it's probably my most embarrassing iTunes purchase. This song will embed itself into my mind for a whole day, then I find myself screaming, "My best friend Leslie says 'She's just being Miley' " for no apparent reason. Quite frightening, actually.




So there they are. Do you hate me now?

If you want to play along with this tag feel free to do so. It's a humbling experience:)

10 comments:

  1. gNice! I have 3 out of 5 of your songs on my running playlist. I'll have to go check out the other two now.

    As crazy as she is, Britney makes for fabulous workout music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I am with you on the "Kissed a Girl" song, Miley, and Brittany. I will randomly start singing (at the top of my lungs), "I kissed a girl and I like it..." Like you, I haven't kissed a girl but damn, I love the song! However, I have to take Nate's side on the "Lollipop" song. I really do hate it!!! So inappropriate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not care. I will always love Britney. Feel no shame in loving her. I love Break The Ice (or whatever that new one on the radio is called)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, too funny. I think I'm gonna have to play this game. I've got the Miley song on my iPod. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to do this!

    Miley is definitely on mine. I don't know what it is about that song!! I can't help but roll the windows down and sing at the top of my lungs.

    PS. I looked up Nate's senior picture in my yearbook last night. Cute! He was in that yearbook A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't agree with you on Miley or Kissed a Girl (me no likey) but for working out I def love the Britney song and of course the Kreo song that you gave me months ago! My liking of Lollipop changes by the hour... sometimes I like it, sometimes I hate it!

    P.S. Speaking of the techno, I also really like the song "Will I" that you recommended!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad I'm not a loner with some of these songs.

    Tasha~Nate used to be so cool in high school. Everything went down hill when he met me [or so he says]:)

    Nicole~yes, Will I is another top pick techno song. You have good tastes:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Feel no shame. There's nothing wrong with enjoying some un-cool music once in a while (or all the time). In fact, I'm guilty of it myself! Right before I got married, I moved my CD collection over to our new house. Jim took one look at the CD rack and told me I had the worst taste EVER!

    Oh well...I'm proud of my shameful songs and you should be too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually feel uncool, because I have never heard any of those songs. After listening to them, I could totally see myself rocking out in my car to the 1st one, the Miley one and the Britney one. The gansta ones are just too hard core for me. But the beats are still good.

    You really know how to make a girl feel old...geez I really gotta listen to the radio.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel much better knowing you (and others who commented) like "Kissed a Girl" and "See You Again." When I found out Miley sings that I song, I was so embarrassed. I love it - know all the words. I downloaded it, too, for my iPod and always sing along! I think my FI thinks I'm nuts.

    One of my students gave me a huge compliment this year. She said that I was Miley Cyrus, which is apparently a very big compliment coming from a 2nd grader! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. Sorry that commenting through Blogger can be a royal pain. I'm glad you are commenting despite that, and please email me if you are having issues.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...