The List of Moments I

In honor of deep, philosophical lists....I have another one for you.

Can you pinpoint some of the happiest moments in your life? I know I've only been around for twenty seven years but in my time, I have lots of memory snapshots that make me smile. If I condensed my life into a series of happy moments, ones that I never want to lose, it would look something like this list. The highlights, if you will.

Chelsea posted her "Life, as I know it" lists here and here. She considers her list as memories she hopes would pop up as her life flashes before her eyes. I like thinking of it that way, too. 

Moments 1-25:

1. The car ride home with Henry after we bought him. His tiny little puppy belly resting on my lap the entire trip. Looking over at Nate to say, "I can't believe we got a puppy."

2. Getting the phone call from my dad when I was in kindergarten. He said, "Julia, you have a baby brother." And I immediately said, "I wanted a sister, but okay."

3. Learning to ride my first big girl bike [pink flowered banana seat, basket, and streamers included] without training wheels. The sound of my dad yelling, "You're doing it!" as he jogged behind me.

4. Hearing Nate say, "I love you, " for the first time while huddled in a Spanish bar. It was one of those times in my life where the world around me slowed down and I couldn't imagine being happier.

5. Swinging so high on my brand new swing set made my Pepaw, that I thought I might go all the way around the top bar.

6. Henry jumping up on my bed with a knowing grin, as my engagement ring was tied around his neck. And then, of course, the proposal:)

7. Seeing my grandparents dance to 'their song' at our wedding, tears streaming down Memaw's face and Pepaw grinning from ear to ear.

8. Running to the mail box my senior year of high school to find my SLU PT school acceptance letter. I was going to the big city for college!

9. Walking into my high school gym, all dressed up in a fabulous purple dress, as my name was announced for Winter Sports Court. 

10. Bowls of Mom's homemade snow icecream after a long day of sledding and snowball fights.

11. Making forts out of the couch cushions in our living room with my little brother. Losing track of time as we pretended to battle the invaders.

12. Selling my bike at a garage sale so I could buy my very own Nintendo. Then playing Super Mario Brothers until my thumbs oozed from blisters.

13. Walking across the stage to receive my Masters diploma and hearing my family cheer from the audience.

14. The smell of Sunday morning cinnamon rolls at my parents house.

15. Buying my first pair of designer jeans while sweating profusely and questioning my sanity.

16. The look on my parents face when I come home for a visit. Being welcomed with open arms, hugs, and smiles. 

17. Lounging in our hammock overlooking the Caribbean on our honeymoon, and staring over at my new husband sipping his coffee.

18. Running up thirteen flights of stairs with  my brother to see my first college dorm room. Then getting there to see hideous green stenciled flowers on the cabinets.

19. Dancing with my girlfriends in Spanish clubs until the sun came up. Laughing until our faces hurt. Experiencing a foreign country together.

20. My mom zipping up my wedding dress on my wedding day, then turning around to show my bridesmaids. Mom whispering, "I love you" into my ear before the ceremony.

21. Seeing Nate's face for the first time on our wedding day. Overcome with joy, relief, and happiness...and never wanting to let go of our hug.

22. Shooting hoops in our driveway with Dad. Coming close to beating him in HORSE:)

23. Camping trips with Pepaw, swinging on a rope swing out into the river, canoeing at sunrise. 

24. Losing my first tooth and putting it into the 'toothfairy pillow' overnight, where it magically turned into a dollar bill by morning.

25. Replaying Nate's voice on my dorm room answering machine after his first phone call. Feeling the butterflies in my stomach every single time I listened to that message.

Does anyone have memories to share? Sorry for the lack of pictures but I'm hoping the words paint an image for you.

11 comments:

  1. I am loving your reflective lists lately!
    I'm still working on my 'before I die' list... this one will be next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only just found your blog, but those were great. Thanks for sharing...they made me feel all fuzzy inside and I wasn't even there for any of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list of memories. I love how we remember things with such detail, even when they happened so many years ago and were such simple acts. I pray that my children grow up with memories like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea!

    I love the sound of lawn mowers. It reminds me of summer evenings playing outside with my brother while my dad mowed the lawn and my mom worked on the flowers/garden. I still love the smell of fresh cut grass. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these kinds of posts. I've been following them on She Likes Purple for a while now. All of them give me chills--they're great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post. What great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT LIST! My eyes filled with tears reading the one about your grandparents dancing to their song at your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to let you know you're famous:
    Click Here

    And yes I still have Weddingbee on my blog reader. I mean it's only been a year do I have to give weddings up so soon? : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Robin~I'm so glad you stopped by to tell me more about Fiji. I love your Fijian HM album and truly appreciate your Blurb templates [hence my album design company]. I would settle for ANY above water hut at this point:)

    It's funny Darci posted my wedding bio link because I think my bio has committed suicide. All of the pictures are blurry for some odd reason and I wouldn't have noticed except someone else emailed me about it. So yes, one year after the wedding you are allowed to read wedding bee....but don't be surprised if your bios spontaneously shut down:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great list this is! Whenever I remember a random happy moment, it always makes my day better.

    One of my favorites is from college, when I had an apartment on the east side, near UWM. I'd walk up the steps, feeling like such an independent, grown-up woman. I still remember the overwhelming feeling of "I LOVE MY LIFE!" I got when I'd walk up those stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you found my templates helpful! I'm so jealous of your new company. I wish I could get paid to do something so fun. Of course they do take forever to make though too. I actually recommend you to someone on the knot the other day. I hope you don't mind. : )

    I know what you mean about your bio taking a dive. A couple months ago Imagestation where I had all of my pictures stored went under and took all my pictures with it. Of course we've been so busy I haven't had time to redo it yet. Plus, I wanted to add some DIY tips and instructions.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. Sorry that commenting through Blogger can be a royal pain. I'm glad you are commenting despite that, and please email me if you are having issues.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...