Hello, world.

Miss Cecelia just wanted to stop by and say HI to all of the blog world:)

IMG_0820

IMG_0883

IMG_0924

IMG_0969

IMG_0967

IMG_0930

We are all doing well, should go home tomorrow (on Wednesday). Love this sleepy first few days of life when it's so exciting to see her awake for minutes at a time:) This time in the hospital is just so magical and emotional and hormonal. I love it so much. I wish I could bottle it all up and relive it each day for the rest of our lives. But I suppose getting to watch this little girl grow up will be just as amazing.

Cece is a fabulous nurser, my milk is already in which boggles my mind, and Truman is seriously the sweetest big brother ever. It's making my heart explode watching them together as he asks to hold her and then he kisses her unprompted.

I still can't believe she is out, and that I didn't have to get induced since I was still 0 cm dilated on Friday at my OB appointment. It was quite the quick labor and perfect timing since Nate is off all week and I knew I could NOT still be working this week even if I was pregnant. I get my full 12 weeks off with my daughter now! We had a fabulous anniversary together on Sunday, went to dinner, and then that night labor started out of the blue. Funny how that happens, huh? I was 39 weeks and 5 days when she was born and can't believe my body figured it out without Pitocin! And yes, Nate loves my quote about the epidural---what I meant was that when I was in that very dark moment, waiting for the epidural to kick in, I had a moment of clarity. After Truman's birth I felt kind of wimpy for getting an epidural and this time I was really hoping to avoid one as long as possible. I just felt like I should have been tough enough to do it without the meds and questioned how difficult the contractions really were in hindsight. Well this time, when I hit a breaking point with the pain and the intensity and the anxiety I just wanted to tell my future self that I should NOT second guess this decision for the meds. Because in that moment, I knew there was absolutely no way I could have gone on without an epidural and I didn't want to regret that decision again. I'll write more in my birth story but man, labor and delivery is HARD STUFF with or without meds.

Everyone is saying that Cecelia is the spitting image of her big brother (aside from her crazy/amazing hair!) and sometimes I agree, but sometimes I think she is totally different. Either way, she is absolutely amazing and worth the past year of craziness and worries to get her here. I would do it all 100 times over to have her safe in our arms.

Birth story, nursery reveal, and lots of details coming soon!
IMG_0918

35 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! She's beautiful. I love the pic of Truman holding her and she's smiling!

    Can't wait to hear the birth story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I do see Truman in her and I love all the dark hair. She's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my isn't she gorgeous. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this all!! She is gorgeous. And I do think she has Truman's awesome eyebrows. :) But she has her own look for sure. Can't wait to hear/see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! She is gorgeous. Love the name and can't wait to hear more details:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Congratulations! Amazing photos. The ones of Truman holding her just melt my heart...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's beautiful!! You're giving me baby fever (and I still have a baby) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl, you needed that epi! I could even feel those contractions :) Don't second guess yourself. You carried her for 9 months, delivered her and will raise her for the next 18 years. THAT's what makes you amazing. Not whether you did it with meds or not.

    Her hair makes me giddy. Love it!

    Get used to those heart explosions with C and Truman. It never stops :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! The pictures of Truman with her just melt my heart. So happy for you and your family!( :

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! She looks so wise and old in that first picture but so young and sweetly fresh in the last. Enjoy that beautiful head of hair!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! She looks so wise and old in that first picture but so young and sweetly fresh in the last. Enjoy that beautiful head of hair!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got a little teary reading this!!! I'm emotional from going back to work anyway, and this just put me over the edge :) She's so beautiful and I'm just so so so (x1million) happy that everything worked out and she's safe in your arms now and that the timing was perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I get tears in my eyes every time I look at these pictures. I looked at ALL the pics on flickr last night and have no idea how you could possibly pick "the best one" because there are so many of them!!! Cecelia looks so precious and has a gentle look about her. Truman's face is killing me with cuteness! DYING TO SEE THE BABY'S ROOM! Love you Julia, Nate, big boy Truman and sweet baby Cecelia!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I get tears in my eyes every time I look at these pictures. I looked at ALL the pics on flickr last night and have no idea how you could possibly pick "the best one" because there are so many of them!!! Cecelia looks so precious and has a gentle look about her. Truman's face is killing me with cuteness! DYING TO SEE THE BABY'S ROOM! Love you Julia, Nate, big boy Truman and sweet baby Cecelia!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The picture of Truman kissing his little sister is too precious and makes my uterus hurt a little bit :) She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish I could give her a little squeeze... She's so sweet. I love how little she is. I mean, I know they are that small when they first arrive, but she's just so stinking cute!

    Congrats and enjoy!

    Reading about you being emotional and hormonal in the hospital brought me right back to that time for me... Such a moving time.

    Oh and Truman. You can just see the love BEAMING from his little face! What a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. She does look a LOT like Truman! Very precious, and so glad that you got to go into labor on your body's terms and without the use of Pit! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  18. awwwww, just love her! I do see a resemblance between sibs but she does has her own look. I can't wait for details and wow, exciting how fast it all progressed!

    ReplyDelete
  19. She is so adorable!!! I love her hair! I tried to go without an epi for as long as possible, too. I think I only made it to 6 cm. I would do it again, too ;).

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh my god! how freaking sweet are those pictures of truman and cece? ohhhhhh, the one of him smiling... it just looks like foreshadowing of him being a protective big brother for the rest of her life :) i hope you can get a picture of them like this every year as they grow up together!

    congratulations, julia, nate, truman and henry!!! and welcome to the outside, baby cece!

    nicky

    ReplyDelete
  21. She is adorable!! Congratulations :) And I can definitely see a litle Truman in her. I love his tats too :) So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Truman and her together just melt my heart! She is beautiful! Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations! You now have TWO super cute kiddos on your hands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I totally teared up reading this! Such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Julia!! I am just so excited for you! I can't wait to hear the birth story, see the nursery, etc. She is just beautiful! So happy about your milk too! Awesomeness! I type this as I am feeding Zeke thinking how grateful I am that breast feeding has gone so much better the 2nd time around. You rocked it out sista!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am obsessed with her amazing hair!

    Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The pictures of Truman holding her are THE CUTEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!! So happy for you guys, congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The pictures of Truman holding Cecelia are the CUTEST THING EVER!!! So happy for you guys, congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats!!!! So happy for you and your family. Love the photos with Truman! Super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just a million congrats to your family! God is so good, and she is so perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I think Truman looks like you and CeCe looks like Nate. : )

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats Julia! She is perfect! The pictures of her and Truman literally had me in tears!

    ReplyDelete
  33. She is beautiful! Truman looks like such a proud big brother :) Congrats! Can't wait to hear the details.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congratulations Julia, Nate and Truman! Little Cece is amazingly beautiful. I know what you mean about bottling those few days in the hospital. I look back so fondly of the time I spent getting to know Maddie those first few hours too.

    Enjoy every minute.

    A

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. Sorry that commenting through Blogger can be a royal pain. I'm glad you are commenting despite that, and please email me if you are having issues.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...