Weekend in review

Whew, what a fun weekend. Wanna see some pictures of our fun [besides the numerous projects]?

We went to The Riverfront Pizzeria for some awesome pizza. Here is the crew, thrilled because I asked a random person to snap our picture before we devoured pizza. I forgot how awkward that is for everyone involved and I used to pull that move ALL the time in college.
Mom came bearing gifts, of course. She got us matching pajamas! Mine in pink and hers in blue but both providing extra long inseams. Never mind that the shirts make us look slightly pregnant---we are going for the comfy look.
Ah yes, more gifts wrapped in coordinating papers. We should have guessed.
Yankee Candles!! And enough for one in each room! I am absolutely obsessed with these candles and rarely splurge on them for myself. So Mom went all out and now our new duplex smells like a little slice of heaven [ or peaches, but whatev].
Henry got a new toy as well. His is the long bone version of a tennis ball and let's just say he won't let this baby out of his sight. I LOVE when dogs use their paws like hands.

We also spent a lot of time chatting, drinking coffee and tea, watching HGTV, went for a walk in the 34 degree weather [so proud of us Missouri girls!], went to church, and Mom gave me some awesome foot rubs. She's the best and I'm going to miss her! Come again soon, Mom!

****update: I totally forgot to add that we rented the movie "Across the Universe" Saturday night and is was pretty sweet. And by 'sweet' I mean it made me vow to avoid LSD, psychedelic mushrooms, and acid for the rest of my life. There was seriously an entire scene that represented a major trip on some sort of illegal drugs and it was pretty creepy. Weird stuff, I tell you. But the music was unbeatable, the main actor was totally adorable with his English accent, and it was a good love story. We WANTED to rent "August Rush" but apparently it's not out yet. But I'll take any chick flick I can get these days!****

10 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a lot-o-stuff! And that is a great picture of everyone at the pizzeria. I am guessing that your family has learned to except and love the fact that you are a picture taking fool?

    Also, I think I may have to steal your wine bottle/cork/ vase decoration idea, if you don't mind of course. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your mom are the cutest! She seems like such a sweetheart... lucky you! :) Glad you had a great weekend together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for great moms! Oh, and I love Yankee Candles. I stock up when they are on sale at BBB.

    BTW, do you know where your mom got the pj's with the extra length? My mom is 5'9" and I'm always on the lookout for long jammies for her. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Thank god you got away from all the fabric and polyearthane and projects!!! There's real life outside the apartment! :)

    2. Cute matching PJ and I LOVE the wrapping paper your mom used--awesome and very pretty!

    3. I also completely adore when dog use their paws as hands!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your mom seems like such a sweetheart!!! my mom does that stuff all the time too- she is always bringing us stuff, stuff , stuff- but always good stuff- it's my mil that gives us stuff that is well..... pretty much unusable- i have a whole closet full of stuff that is useless! i think that just might have to be a blog post :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I AM lucky, aren't I? :)

    T~Yes, you can steal the centerpiece idea. I should post a picture of how much ours has grown. It's pretty pathetic actually, but looks fantastic!

    Nikki~She is a total sweetheart. I can't deny that one.

    Kristal~They are from K-mart! Surprised about that but they are. Mom says she can just tell when some pants are longer than others. My all time favorite PJs that are actual "talls" are from Eddie Bauer. Those bad boys are drag-the-ground long. And I love it.

    Amber~I agree, I needed to break free from the projects for awhile and rediscover life:)

    Harmony~blog away! sounds interesting. Mom definitely knows what to buy me these days and it only took her 26 years to figure me out. Just kidding, mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post just made me want to call my mom!
    1) You guys are adorable in your jammies
    2) Yankee candles are amazing, but something I never buy for myself, so I can appreciate what a great gift they are. Way to go, Mom!

    Glad you had a nice weekend together :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I loooove Yankee candles. But like you, I rarely buy them for myself. They smell divine. You're set for awhile!

    I thought Across the Universe looked interesting ... and Beatles music is the best music there is. I might have to check it out. And I was so excited to see August Rush, but then it just got terrible reviews ... I think I'll still rent it, but if you rent it before I do, I'll look forward to hearing what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Photo numero 1 ~ That pizza looks amazing. We can't get good pizza here. Or any food really, for that matter. Oh alright, in all fairness, you can get pretty great seafood, but that's about it. Unfortunately for moi, I am not a huge seafood fan. I would totally relocate out of state just for better food elsewhere.

    Photo number 2 ~ You two are adorable and make me want to barf. (Just a little).

    Photo number 3 ~ Hey, look...there's my macbook! (P.O.S.!! I'll never forgive you for the J.Crew incident!)

    Photo number 4 ~ I love anything brown, and especially love when gifts are wrapped in the same color family, with all different whimsy-like designs.

    Photo number 5 ~ Uh, did Yankee happen to have any candles left in the store after this purchase?
    I totally need to go there soon and get some new plug-in refills. They also have my favorite scent back for a limited time, lemon-lavender. It smells phenomenal.

    Photos 6 & 7 ~ Your dog totally looks like a muppet, (in a good way), and I want him.
    (Note to self........you have two impossibly hyper, 80 pound dogs already.)
    Scratch that...you can keep 'em! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post. I love it. I'm glad that you found time away from projects! :)

    YAY Mom. . .Moms are AWESOME! =D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. Sorry that commenting through Blogger can be a royal pain. I'm glad you are commenting despite that, and please email me if you are having issues.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...