Three things

1. I gave my blog it's monthly face lift today, so for those of you who read through Google Reader, you may want to see the new decor:) I'm completely guilty of reading blogs the lazy way through GR, too, and miss the real layouts.

2. I've spent my day off doing the following: sleeping until 9 am [went to be at 10 pm!], laundry, car wash [it was hideous and felt neglected], and scouring the internet for our anniversary trip. My new idea: KEY WEST! I'm still keeping Napa and Boston at the top of our "must see" list, but right now the beach is calling. And we've always wanted to see Key west. Look at these pictures and try not to drool:

Do you see what I see? The LOW in May/June is 78 degrees. The low, people. The highs are in the 80s which is my ideal temperature. This aspect sells me instantly on Florida. Also, I really want to keep this vacation under 2k for the hotel [5 nights], flights, and food/drink. It CAN be done but we just need to research a bit. I'm also toying with the idea of Mexico because it's usually inexpensive but we'll see. Right now I'm all about Key West but I have to run it by the big guy when he gets home.

3. Apparently, I might have the day off tomorrow. My boss and co-workers basically told me on Saturday that I looked "tired" and "worn out" the whole day. I think they feel sorry for me and my dark circled eyes because I've been working my arse off there then attempting to work 0n the house in the evenings. So they've pulled some strings and told me to call in the morning, just in case they get hit hard with new evals, but otherwise I'm off tomorrow! Cross your fingers that we don't have a rash of ankle fractures on our death trap ice because I'd LOVE another day to breathe. Not to mention that Nate also has a day off so I could actually spend some time with my husband for once. Shocking concept, I know.

8 comments:

  1. I love the new layout. I too a guilty of almost never leaving google reader to read posts, so thanks for the reminder. You have to teach me how to use the digital papers to change my blog layout. I have never figured it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the layout! Cute pic on the banner too!

    Key West sounds good to me! Anyway I could come in some of your baggage? You don't have to hang out with me when we get there or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl~did you try the tutorial blog at the bottom of my right hand column? It seems overwhelming but I swear it isn't.

    Teresa~Just drive yourself up to Milwaukee and we'll throw you in a bag:)

    Also, I totally forgot about the travel agent we used for our HM. So I emailed her for ideas and maybe she'll magically create an inexpensive but kickass trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Key West is one of my favorite vacation spots! If you choose it though, look into flying into Miami and driving down. I actually have never done it that way, but Jon and I decided the next time we go, we are going to do that. I've heard the drive is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new layout! Do you really change it monthly? I'm in awe.

    Key West is fun! Like Kelly, I would love to drive down--it seems like it would be really neat. Good luck choosing your spot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous new layout! And Key West is also on my list...I think after the winter you've been thru, you need SOL in your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not gonna lie - I grew up in a very warm climate, moved to a somewhat warm climate, and now live in the arctic. I'm ALL for Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I followed the instructions link and started working on the blog. You'll have to tell me what you think. I love the papers I have, but am having a hard time making what is in my head end up on my page just right. It's a work in progress, as are all things in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. Sorry that commenting through Blogger can be a royal pain. I'm glad you are commenting despite that, and please email me if you are having issues.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...