My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard...

Blogger is being a little skank tonight and took approximately 5 minutes to upload each picture. Why does it have to be such a finicky little baby sometimes? Anyway...

This post is about dancing. I don't get the pleasure of gracing the dance floor very often nowadays. But when I do---usually at one of the numerous weddings we attend---watch out. A few glasses of vino and I become a regular Chris Brown. Why are you laughing? I'm serious, in my own head I'm a very good dancer. But in real life my friends tell me I only know one dance and that would be the infamous "Booty Dance." It mostly involves me squatting down to get eye level with my friends, then shaking my rump in a fit of liquid courage. It's extremely sexy, let me tell you.

I'm one of the lucky ones in the world to have these entertaining images captured in photos. Very expensive photos taken on the most important day of my life: my own wedding. Now I really don't know what got into me that fateful night because I wasn't extremely intoxicated or anything, so I'm going to blame it on the euphoria felt when surrounded by your bestest friends and greatest family on the happiest day of your life. That, and the fact that I got to hand select some of my favorite "booty shaking" songs prior to the big night. Gotta love D.J.s who listen to their brides:)

So without further ado, I present to you just a tiny fraction of obscene grinding pictures from our wedding. Trust me, there are countless others that didn't make it into this post mostly because of Blogger's attitude problem. I tried to steer away from my commonly selected shots for knot bios, myspace, facebook, etc but they all get jumbled together in my head sometimes. Enjoy!

Meet Megan, my miniature twin. She is actually a fabulous dancer but she humors me sometimes and comes down to my level. I am not kidding when I say she can do the best Beyonce impression EVER [for a tiny little white girl.]

The Sprinkler. Totally classy, I know. I love Lindsey in the background of this one.

What? My little brother can break it down on the dance floor? Mmmmmmkay! I believe this was a part of the "Air Force Ones" series.

I don't really know what's going on here, but I'm pretty sure it's rather inappropriate.

Now meet Keri, my partner in dancing crime for many years. We enjoy bumping, grinding and partaking in Mexican dance offs together. She beat me in Mexico, for the record, but the judges were only swayed by her curvaceous figure. Right, Keri?

Oh yes, then there is the "pointing your fingers nonstop" series. Love that one.

I present to you The Dogg, a.k.a. Milldogg, a.k.a. Sarah. She is such a fabulous dancer she created her own dance move called "The Mixa." It's quite popular amongst the young kids these days. She has the power to make me lift up my gown to show a little leg. Not good.

Our cousins Joey and Michelle bust a move. Isn't she the cutest thing ever?

Danny. Of course, there's Danny. He pulled out the old school moves and nearly split a seam in his pants. Possibly the funniest moment of the night.
This would be the Rodger Rabbit. Is it a problem that one of our guests captured this moment live and put it on You Tube? He missed the opening moves but you get the point:




Meet Brian, master of the "fish out of water" move.

And now for the real reason for my post: Chris Brown. I am obsessed with his dance moves. I watched his VMA performance multiple times while slightly drooling. I just figured out how to post a You Tube video on my blog and decided you should probably watch Chris break it down. After that, you'll need to watch "Live in Color" from America's Best Dance Crew. Their little routine is what caused my severe hip injury. Just watch the last little bit when they squat down low. You'll understand my pain.





13 comments:

  1. You look like an awesome dancer to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for weekend posts! And ones that involve killer dance moves really are favorites for me.

    One day in the future you and I need to compare our "booty dances". However, mine dance isn't sexy at all. It is my secret weapon to get guys away from me in clubs. It involves some butt sticking out and lots of obniouxis jerky arm movements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay so you have inspired me yet again- check later for a hilarious post

    oh and the cat pic!

    those dancing pics are awesome!!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. J- ok maybe the boobs and curves helped me...but you are forever my partner in crime for dancing. Remember how Nate used to be creaped out by our dancing :) Ah...those were the days...lots of dancing, drinking, and cookie dough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dance moves are awesome...and none of your friends have a chance up against you in your amazing wedding dress!
    To many more great damnce moves...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post!

    I totally do the "Elaine from Seinfeld" out on the dance floor. I may or may not have pictures of this from my wedding. There may or may not have been many awesome dance moves including (but not limited to) the sprinkler, the lawn mower, the shopping cart, the stewardess and the entire dance from Thriller. Yeah, we know how to get down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wicked dance moves! I am very partial to the sprinkler myself (as well as the shopping cart mentioned by Sierra). I hope to bring my 'cool' moves to the dance floor at my wedding... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Your wedding dress is one of the most beautiful dresses I've ever seen! If I didn't have such wide hips, that is totally a dress I would have loved to have worn for my own wedding. You look dynamite!!

    (And yes, I've seen it in other pics before, but you can really see it well in all the dancing pics you posted.)

    2. I totally point my fingers when I dance - way too much. I probably have half a dozen pictures of me from my wedding doing 'the point.' So lame, but I can't help it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun post!!! Love the dancing sequences... I can only hope our wedding will be that much fun!

    And too funny that you mentioned Chris Brown... I went to his concert last month! I thought I had uploaded one of his dance sequences that I videotaped with my dig. camera but low and behold I only have Soulja Boy doing "superman" in my photobucket account. I do have CB on video though! I will try to remember to upload it for you!

    Anyways, check my most recent facebook photo album... it has some pics from the concert. Including Nelly's surprise appearance!

    word.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I found your blog through my friend Andrea (In Her Shoes) and people keep giving me weird looks as they walk past my office and see me laughing for apparently no reason!
    A friend of mine is known for his rendition of "The Worm" and I've kicked myself a hundred times for not grabbing someone's camera to take a picture or video of him at my wedding. I guess the mental pics will have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You ladies are too kind. I'm sure if you saw the real, live, moving version of my moves you'd think otherwise:)

    And thanks for the dress comments as well. I admit it was perfect dance attire and didn't get in the way of my skills, except that my bustle fell out from the shear force of my booty shakes. The price you pay for a good time:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh... maybe I'll have enough courage to put a toe on the dance floor at my own wedding. Aside from the one short little slow dance I did with Rob at his brother's wedding, I've NEVER danced in my life. Not even in front of a mirror. It's a good thing, I'm sure. I'm counting on some other very intoxicated family members to keep the dance floor going so I can just meander through the crowd every once in a while and LOOK like I'm partaking in the fun and festivities of my own reception.

    I'm looking forward to whether or not Rob will get drunk enough to make it to the dance floor... I'm sure I'll be telling stories of this later.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, so I'm a little late on this, but I'm cracking up.

    Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog. Sorry that commenting through Blogger can be a royal pain. I'm glad you are commenting despite that, and please email me if you are having issues.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...